Wednesday 31 December 2014

Musical Moments 31st Dec 2014

This is my third Christmas on TCR, and every Christmas I have done an alternative Christmas show. Songs that are Christmas songs but that aren't traditionally played on radio. I've included some links for some of the songs so that you can have a listen and come back and find them next December when you're sick of the same old same old.

The Muppets - Man Or Muppet
Sound Of Music - Do Re Mi
Pentatonix - Carol Of The Bells
Straight No Chaser - Christmas Can Can
Jennifer Hudson - Love You I Do
Cee-lo Green feat The Muppets - All I Need Is Love
Christopher Lee - Darkest Carols, Faithful Sing
Howard Keel - Bless Your Beautiful Hide
Diana King - I Say A Little Prayer
Dan Michaelson & The Coastguards - Another Messy Christmas
Sister Act - Raise Your Voice
A Chorus Line - I Can Do That
Sufjan Stevens - That Was The Worst Christmas Ever

Funny Girl - Don't Rain On My Parade
Rod Stewart - Red Suited Super Man
Brad Paisley - Penguin, James Penguin
John Prine - Christmas In Prison
Straight No Chaser - Who Spiked The Eggnog?
Godspell - All For The Best
Blink 182 - I Won't Be Home For Christmas
Monty Python - Christmas In Heaven
Seth MacFarlane - Mele Kalikimaka
Julian Casablancas - I Wish It Was Christmas Today
Oliver! - I'd Do Anything
Low - Just Like Christmas
Rod Stewart & Ella Fitzgerald - What Are You Doing New Years Eve?
Smash - Let Me Be Your Star
Pentatonix - Thats Christmas To Me.


For beatiful less traditional Christmas songs, I would recommend Straight No Chaser and Pentatonix. Both are acapella groups and their interpretations of traditional carols, along with their original songs are a breath of fresh air at this time of year.

No comments:

Post a Comment